Back to Basics

Back to Basics
"Sugar & Spice" Nursery Mural by Michele Levani

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trompe L'oeil Windows in Nason Medical Center on Folly Rd by Michele Levani

The newest Nason Medical Center is scheduled to open sometime in August of 2011. I had the privilege of being able to paint a Trompe L'oeil Mural on the second story of the entry tower. Trompe L'oeil, is an old painting technique of optical illusion, or literally translated, "to fool the eye". The Nason Medical Center tower was constructed with windows surrounding all but one wall. On that wall, I was asked if I could paint the illusion of three more windows. I love an artistic challenge... and the chance to operate a scissor lift was just icing on the cake for me! Enjoy the photos-
                                                              
BEFORE
Registration Marks
Michele Levani, 20 feet in the air!
FINISHED!


No comments:

Post a Comment